Terms and conditions
This website is operated by S.T Hopper Ltd. As a user of this website you acknowledge that any use of this website by you is subject to our Terms & Conditions.
By using this website you confirm that you are at least 18 years old or you have the authority/consent of your parent or guardian. Please make sure you:
- Read through these Terms & Conditions carefully before using this website as your use of the website or transacting with us will signify your agreement to be bound by them.
- We recommend you print a copy for future reference.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect from when they go live on the website and it is your responsibility to check for changes when you revisit this website. Your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest Terms & Conditions.
- All sizes and measurements are approximate but we do try to make sure that they are as accurate as possible.
- Pictures of products are not actual size.
- Order delivery times are to be used as a guide. This does not take into consideration if the item is out of stock with the supplier in which case will take considerably longer to arrive (we will inform you if there is a delay)
- Suppliers can discontinue items at any time. If this is the case when ordering an ‘out of stock’ item we will contact you as soon as possible and offer an alternative. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
- Please use the SKU number when reserving an item (this is the goods individual number found to the right of the item picture) with all correspondence.
- Please see this section for information on how to Order/Reserve. These will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and we reserve the right to decline an Order/Reserve at any point.
- Reserving can be done via the ENQUIRE/COLLECT IN STORE button found on each item. Simply click and follow instructions. In the ‘subject‘ section type the SKU number (this is the goods individual number found to the right of the item picture) In the ‘message‘ section tell us when you are wanting to pick item up also include other details such as if you would like goods gift wrapping or not.
- Following this, we will send to you an reserve acknowledgement email detailing the products you have asked us to process in your order.
- Inform us of any discrepancies.
- You are advised to print out these reserve acknowledgements for your own records.
- When goods have been successfully reserved we will inform you either via email or by phone if you prefer.
- Unless otherwise agreed you have 48 hours to collect any reserved goods before being put back into stock. If we discover an error such as an item showing as in stock when it has actually recently been sold we will inform you immediately and offer you an alternative or we can order the chosen item (please allow time for goods to arrive)
- Ordering can be done when an item is showing as ‘Out of stock’ via the ENQUIRE/COLLECT IN STORE button found on each item. Simply click and follow instructions. In the ‘subject‘ section type the SKU number (this is the goods individual number found to the right of the item picture) In the ‘message‘ section tell us you would like to order the item.
- Following this, we will send to you an order acknowledgement with approximate delivery time via email also detailing the products you have asked us to process in your order.
- Inform us of any discrepancies.
- You are advised to print out these order acknowledgements for your own records.
- When goods have been successfully ordered and delivered to the shop we will inform you either via email or by phone if you prefer.
- Unless otherwise agreed you have 48 hours to collect any ordered goods before being put into stock.
- Enquires work in the same way as above. Follow instructions above and use the ‘message‘ section to ask any questions you may have regarding a particular item (for example the finger size of a ring in stock) We will reply as soon as we can with no obligation.
- Unless otherwise agreed we take payment on collection of goods from the shop.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order and confirm that your chosen goods. Whilst we make every effort to try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors sometimes occur, hence why we reserve the right to cancel orders prior to confirmation. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you of this fact as soon as possible and you will be given the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
- All prices include UK VAT at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges.
- The purpose of this policy is to explain how Hoppers Jewellers collects, protects, and uses personal data. Hoppers is committed to ensuring that any personal data supplied by its customers or is otherwise generated by its business activities is collected and processed fairly and lawfully.
- Hoppers needs certain personal data to enable it to provide its products and services to its customers and end users. The personal data collected will generally include: company name, company size and sector, individual contact names and job titles for delivery, installation, support and billing, postal address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses. Hoppers also has access to personal data that is generated over the Network utilised by Hoppers services including IP and email addresses for incoming and outgoing data and network usage data. In certain circumstances Hoppers may also collect financial information about Hoppers customers and end users from third parties to enable Hoppers to assess its risks in granting credit terms and contact information about organisations Hoppers considers may be interested in Hoppers products and services.
- Hoppers obtains personal data in a number of ways including from orders placed by customers and end users (whether by telephone, fax or email or by application form); from enquiries made by existing customers and potential customers, (including information gathered at marketing events and via the Hoppers website); from third party list brokers; from re-sellers who pass on personal data to Hoppers about end users; and directly from the Network utilised by Hoppers services.
- Most of Hoppers’ use of personal data is necessary to enable it to provide a service to its customers and its end users, including order processing, delivery, installation and support services as well as for invoicing and in order to answer general customer enquiries. In addition, Hoppers may also use personal data to improve on the level and type of service Hoppers offers to its customers. As part of this interest in improving the service provided Hoppers may process personal data for the purposes of sales analysis and customer usage statistics.
- Hoppers may from time to time inform its customers, end users and potential customers about Hoppers and Hoppers affiliate products and services and other information Hoppers feels may be of interest. Customers and other recipients of information from Hoppers may indicate at the time they first place an order with Hoppers whether or not they wish to receive such information or at any later time by simply contacting Hoppers as indicated in paragraph 9 below.
- As a general rule, Hoppers does not disclose personal data to unaffiliated third parties except where customer consent has been obtained, where Hoppers is under an obligation by law to disclose personal data or where Hoppers has contracted with third parties to assist in providing services to Hoppers customers such as for delivery, installation and systems support services.
- Hoppers takes customer confidentiality and security very seriously. Hoppers has implemented appropriate internal security procedures that restrict access to and disclosure of personal data within Hoppers. These procedures will be reviewed from time to time to determine whether they are being complied with and are effective. Hoppers will also actively investigate and cooperate with law enforcement agencies any allegations of abuse or violation of system or network security.
- The law in certain jurisdictions (including countries within the European Economic Area) gives individuals whose personal data is held by Hoppers specific rights to access and rectify personal data held about them. These include the right to:
Obtain from Hoppers, for a prescribed fee, confirmation that personal data is held, as well as a written description of such personal data, the purpose(s) for which it is being used, the source(s) of the personal data and details of any recipients;
Request the deletion or rectification of personal data which is inaccurate; and as explained above to object to any unsolicited information sent by Hoppers regarding promotions or new products and services.
- If any individual wishes to contact Hoppers regarding the personal data held about them or has any other question about Hoppers’ data privacy procedures, they should send an email to email@example.com or send a letter to the Hoppers Jewellers, 49 Market Place, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE21 6NF. All contact info can also be found HERE
As part of Hoppers’ commitment to compliance with data privacy requirements, and to reflect changes in Hoppers’ operating procedures, Hoppers may update the terms of this policy from time to time and will post the revised policy on this page.
Our website uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on these sites are essential, and the site won’t work as expected without them. These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links. We also use some non-essential cookies to anonymously track visitors or enhance your experience of the site.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains information on how to do this on the most popular browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of Hoppers, website.
List of Main Cookies Used:
Some anonymous log-file information that is collected automatically:
– Your IP address
– Your browser and operating system
– The date and time of your visit
– The pages you request
– If you followed a link to our sites, the previous web site visited
This information is used to analyse overall patterns of web site use
By visiting our site you agree to Cookies being used.