Amethyst is a very popular gemstone and a variety of quartz known for it's beautiful light lavender, deep violet and blueish-purple colours.
Here are some interesting and fun facts regarding the Amethyst gemstone:
• Amethyst was recorded as being used as far back as 25,000 B.C.
• Amethyst is a stone of royalty and has therefore been used in crowns and jewellery by royal families for centuries.
• Ancient Greeks believed Amethyst kept you from getting drunk!
• Amethyst is mined all over the world. One of the largest deposits of Amethysts is in Zambia. The quartz is also extensively mined in Brazil, Russia and Korea.
• Over the centuries, Amethyst are said to have several physical healing properties, including reducing headaches, improving the skin's appearance and enhancing the immune system.
• Amethyst is sacred to many cultures and religions.
• Amethyst carries a tremendous amount of spiritual and metaphysical power. According to crystal healing experts, it emits a high vibration, infusing it with divine energy for purification, wisdom, balance, and tranquillity.
We are constantly adding more Amethyst jewellery to the website, to view what we have at present, please click HERE