- The purpose of this policy is to explain how Hoppers Jewellers collects, protects, and uses personal data. Hoppers is committed to ensuring that any personal data supplied by its customers or is otherwise generated by its business activities is collected and processed fairly and lawfully.
- Hoppers needs certain personal data to enable it to provide its products and services to its customers and end users. The personal data collected will generally include: company name, company size and sector, individual contact names and job titles for delivery, installation, support and billing, postal address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses. Hoppers also has access to personal data that is generated over the Network utilised by Hoppers services including IP and email addresses for incoming and outgoing data and network usage data. In certain circumstances Hoppers may also collect financial information about Hoppers customers and end users from third parties to enable Hoppers to assess its risks in granting credit terms and contact information about organisations Hoppers considers may be interested in Hoppers products and services.
- Hoppers obtains personal data in a number of ways including from orders placed by customers and end users (whether by telephone, fax or email or by application form); from enquiries made by existing customers and potential customers, (including information gathered at marketing events and via the Hoppers website); from third party list brokers; from re-sellers who pass on personal data to Hoppers about end users; and directly from the Network utilised by Hoppers services.
- Most of Hoppers’ use of personal data is necessary to enable it to provide a service to its customers and its end users, including order processing, delivery, installation and support services as well as for invoicing and in order to answer general customer enquiries. In addition, Hoppers may also use personal data to improve on the level and type of service Hoppers offers to its customers. As part of this interest in improving the service provided Hoppers may process personal data for the purposes of sales analysis and customer usage statistics.
- Hoppers may from time to time inform its customers, end users and potential customers about Hoppers and Hoppers affiliate products and services and other information Hoppers feels may be of interest. Customers and other recipients of information from Hoppers may indicate at the time they first place an order with Hoppers whether or not they wish to receive such information or at any later time by simply contacting Hoppers as indicated in paragraph 9 below.
- As a general rule, Hoppers does not disclose personal data to unaffiliated third parties except where customer consent has been obtained, where Hoppers is under an obligation by law to disclose personal data or where Hoppers has contracted with third parties to assist in providing services to Hoppers customers such as for delivery, installation and systems support services.
- Hoppers takes customer confidentiality and security very seriously. Hoppers has implemented appropriate internal security procedures that restrict access to and disclosure of personal data within Hoppers. These procedures will be reviewed from time to time to determine whether they are being complied with and are effective. Hoppers will also actively investigate and cooperate with law enforcement agencies any allegations of abuse or violation of system or network security.
- The law in certain jurisdictions (including countries within the European Economic Area) gives individuals whose personal data is held by Hoppers specific rights to access and rectify personal data held about them. These include the right to:
Obtain from Hoppers, for a prescribed fee, confirmation that personal data is held, as well as a written description of such personal data, the purpose(s) for which it is being used, the source(s) of the personal data and details of any recipients;
Request the deletion or rectification of personal data which is inaccurate; and as explained above to object to any unsolicited information sent by Hoppers regarding promotions or new products and services.